Thursday, July 21, 2011

Settlement Video series: Start with the result

What do you hope happens when the defense sees your video?
I tend to assume my client wants the other side to write a big check.
But sometimes they have something more tactical in mind.
One brilliant client wanted to maneuver the defense into putting certain documents into evidence. So part of what he wanted from me was a video that included a subtle plea not to be thrown into the briar patch of fighting those documents. Worked like a charm.
I'm not that smart but I've learned to ask my smart clients exactly what they want to achieve.
So picture what happens when the defense puts your dvd into their player or when the mediator pops open his laptop and starts the video you offered. Work backwards from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment