Friday, May 6, 2011

Why I make litigation media

Methodist A: Do you believe in total immersion baptism?
Methodist B: Believe in it? I've seen it!

I make litigation media because I believe in the system. I've seen other ways to settle disputes and, as a fallback when nothing else works, courts are the best. The other fallbacks -arson, mob violence, contract killing, canon law -are worse. Arson, say, might be better in some cases, but if I had to pick one and exclude the others, it's litigation hands-down.
Plus, as a freelancer, I get to hedge my moral bets. I work for people I believe in. (There are two talented and successful plaintiff attorneys in Chicago I won't work for.)

So after hugging it out, intercession by friends, and trial by social combat have all failed, litigation is the best bet for society. I'm all in on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment